Thursday, September 15, 2011

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.

I chose this picture because of the simple fact that it is my family and they are the people I love the most. I chose a family picture because I feel it represents my personality and lifestyle best. After high school I moved out on my own and lived the life that many kids my age would love to have. I had my own apartment, my own rules, my own curfew; but those special aspects didn’t last too long. It didn’t take long for me to miss my mom always being there for me no matter what the situation was, or fighting with my brother’s about everything possible. Shortly after I moved out, my mom moved to New Jersey and my brothers moved out as well, making all of us at least an hour and a half away from one another.  It hit hard when I didn’t have a house I grew up in to call home any more, making me miss what I had even more. Now that we all live separately and have our own lives I take advantage of any free time I have from work and school only to see my family. All of my family members use Facebook as a way of keeping in touch. The only reason I really update my account is for my family to see. I talk exactly how I would in front of my family, on my facebook, knowing that each and every one reads what I write. Having the ability to upload pictures to show my family that I’m doing well and seeing theirs makes me feel like I’m always in their life. This past March my oldest brother had a beautiful baby girl, which brought our family even closer together. Over the summer I babysat my niece from 8 am until 6pm, Monday through Friday from when she turned two months old, until I started school in August. It was almost as if I was raising her myself, so when it came time to go back to school I never wanted to leave her. This was the turning moment for me when I realized that family truly means the world to me. Everything I do, I only want to do with my family because I’ve come to learn that they are the ones who will always be there for me in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Alicia -- this is a nice portrait. What about the rest of the assignment: "Discuss who you are on line and compare and contrast your online persona with your "real life" persona."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I covered that here:
    "All of my family members use Facebook as a way of keeping in touch. The only reason I really update my account is for my family to see. I talk exactly how I would in front of my family, on my facebook, knowing that each and every one reads what I write. Having the ability to upload pictures to show my family that I’m doing well and seeing theirs makes me feel like I’m always in their life. "

    basically saying that I am the exact same online as I am in person.

    ReplyDelete